Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A visit to the dentist



It didn't go so well. Going in I already knew I had a few cavities that needed to be filled - 5 I thought. Errr that turned out to be 6 and today they found another 2, making it a total of 8! So, I begrudgingly booked an appointment to get the major ones done on the 10th of September. I didn't tell the dentist about my adventure, after hearing I had 8 fillings needed, I knew any response was not going to be pretty and after an hour of having my teeth scraped and gums prodded the diagnosis was clear "Brits have bad teeth". As much as I hate to stereotype, my own experience agrees - the dentists back in blighty are not as thorough as they are over here. The dentist I visit in Wallingford is the best dentist I have ever been to - (this view is subject to change fillings pending).

Don't worry kids, 8 fillings are not going to deter me. When I got home, I did what every adventurer should do in times of adversity... suck it up. I sucked on a Jones FuFu Berry. I was not all that into this one; FuFu I think is the made up name for strawberry as this is what this tasted like - slightly tart strawberrys. 5 out of 10 Rudys.... Meh as you say here.I have a back log of about 7 sodas to rate, I'll do those in the next update.

Remember brush your teeth twice a day and floss like the Fasemeister.

1 comment: